FX Artist & Instructor Dallas Harvey will teach students professional sculpting and finishing techniques to create a custom designed FULL HEAD character prosthetic over a male/female provided human head life-cast.
Students will then learn to properly mold their prosthetic sculptures in plaster. They will learn how to troubleshoot prosthetic design complications, properly mix, cast, and bake prosthetics in foam-latex. Students will then be instructed on how to pre-paint the prosthetic, and properly apply it to a live model, followed by safety and removal techniques.
This course will consist of lectures, demonstrations, and lots of HANDS-ON learning!
Students will leave this advanced sculpture class with a professional quality foam latex prosthetic that can be used as a wearable mask or portfolio piece.
What you will learn in this class:
- How to design and sculpt original full head prosthetic character
- Professional sculpture design techniques & tools
- 2 Part Plaster mold making: mixing & curing
- Foam latex prosthetic fabrication
- Prosthetic & make-up FX application
- Make-up FX removal & safety
- Building a Make-Up FX portfolio
- Full head sculpting form for you to work on and keep for future projects
- Wax clay sculpting tool set (New for this class!)
- Additional custom sculpting tools
- 5 lbs of Monster clay
- 50 lbs of plaster
- All other materials needed for the class provided Take your sculpting to the next level and create a full head prosthetic and two part mold!
This class is open to all previous sculpting students and make-up fx / art school graduates only.
STUDENT DISCOUNT: Are you a graduate or current makeup/art school student? Contact us today at (778) 968-4776 and save 10% on all classes and workshops.