FX Artist & Instructor Dallas Harvey will take students through the process of sculpting a full head fantasy or realistic character latex mask.
Students will be taught professional use of tools, materials and basic anatomy to create a detailed WED clay mask and then prepare it for molding and casting in rubber latex. They will then learn how to finish the mask using professional painting techniques, creating realistic eyes and teeth.
Students are encouraged to sculpt and detail their face into a character design of their choosing using reference from comic books, movies, TV, animation, video games, Internet or any other design source. Students will leave this sculpture class with a professional quality latex mask that can be used as a wearable mask or portfolio piece.
- Learn how to sculpt a full head mask in WED clay
- Learn professional sculpting and finishing techniques specialized for WED clay
- Learn how to sculpt and finish realistic eyes and teeth
- Learn how to create a 2 part plaster mold
- Learn how to create a rubber latex slip mask - Learn how to professionally airbrush, paint and finish
- Full head sculpting form for you to work on and keep for future projects
- WED clay sculpting tool set (New for this class!)
- Additional custom sculpting tools
- 25 lbs of WED clay
- 50 lbs of plaster
- All other materials needed for the class provided