3D & Virtual Sculpting (1 Day Workshop): 10am-6pm
Virtual Concept Design For FX
In this 8 hour intensive workshop film industry Instructor and FX artist Dallas Harvey will teach students the ins and outs of Virtual concept design using VR sculpting program Oculus Medium. This is a beginners workshop no experience required!
About the class..
Jumping into Oculus Medium and pushing digital clay should feel quite natural to practical sculptors and painters. Get hands on experience in the program and learn how to use concepts created for pitching ideas and prototypes to clients and productions. Quickly design multiple concepts, create revisions on the fly and use the final VR airbrush painted images for sculpting your practical prosthetics or film props. Get a head start with this new emerging technology!
In this class you will learn:
– How to import drawn reference sketches into VR for design use
– Using premade forms and 3d models as starting base
– Setting up scene lighting, proportions and guides
– Starting your first VR head sculpt: Blocking forms
– Refining the VR sculpt: Detailing forms and finishing
– VR painting: Using a digital airbrush to color your sculpt
– Creating multiple “turn around” images and videos for clients approval.
– Exporting and setting up your project for 3D printing and prototyping.
Class is limited to 8 students. No previous computer experience required.
Contact us and save 10% on all classes and workshops.