Learn how to fabricate your own set of creature or monster gloves from scratch on Sunday afternoons taught by Vancouver FX alumni & FX fabricator at Amazing Ape studios artist Kathryn Munroe (Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Snowpiercer, Lost In Space, Deadly Class)
In five weekly Sunday afternoon classes, students will learn the fundamentals of latex scratch fabrication for creature glove building.
These skills are widely used in Special Effects Studios for full creature suits, gore effects, and custom one-off props.
Instructor & film industry effects artist Kathryn Munroe will teach students the proper use of latex buildup materials, shop and chemical safety, to design their own film ready creature gloves using provided materials.
- Introduction to latex scratch fabrication & buildup methods
- What’s in a fabrication kit? Tools, Materials and Paints
- How to create a creature glove concept design
- How to scratch build a set of creature gloves
- Latex seaming & patching techniques
- Sealing, hand painting & airbrushing rubber latex
- Final Project: Design, fabricate & paint your own creature gloves
This class is designed for beginners and intermediate students with lots of hands-on learning and also includes live demonstrations and lectures by the instructor. A basic latex fabrication kit is supplied in the tuition fee however students are responsible to purchase any additional supplies they want to use in their final creature glove creation.
It is encouraged to bring a notepad to take notes and a camera to document your progress as you learn. Upon finishing the class, students will receive a certificate of completion signed by the Instructor.