DAY 1 (10AM-6PM)
1. Out Of Kit FX (3 Hours)
In this section of the workshop, students will learn in-depth professional make-up FX techniques as well as how to use a variety of prosthetics, from foam latex to 3D transfers. Students will also learn professional painting techniques, proper prosthetic preparation, and safe application/removal processes and methods when working with a model.
– Character & Injury Make-Up Design
– Out of Kit FX Painting: Veining, Corpsing, Simulated Blood and Gore
– Blood FX: Types of Blood, Blood Rigs & Delivery Methods
– Building a Realistic Slit-Throat Prosthetic Blood Rig
2. 3D Transfer Prosthetics (5 Hours)
In this section of the workshop, students will become familiar with 3D Bondo transfers, or Pros-Aide Bondo based prosthetics, widely used in film and television due to their convenience in application and highly realistic look, even in HD!
Students will learn about various types of silicone molds, preparation and application of Pros-Aide Bondo based prosthetics, and about the materials involved, as well as procedures, safety and the best applications for particular types of appliances. This section will focus intensely on mixing, production, application, problem solving and build ups using Prosthetic Transfer Material (PTM). You will also be taught how to properly apply the 3D Transfer Prosthetics to an actor, paint using film industry standard make-up FX products followed by safety and prosthetic removal techniques.
DAY 2 (10AM-6PM)
1. Airbrush Painting for FX (4 Hours)
In this section of the workshop, students are taken through how to paint with an airbrush from start to finish. Student will be taught proper use and maintenance of an airbrush gun, professional paint mixing techniques, and use of custom stencils along with many other airbrushing styles, techniques, tips, and tricks! All airbrush equipment and materials needed for this workshop will be provided by the Instructor for use during the class.
– How to Operate & Maintain an Airbrush Gun
– Using a Compressor & Painting Safety
– Types of Paints Used for Airbrushing
– Creating & Using Custom Stencils
– Beginner & Advanced Painting Techniques
2. Bald Caps (2 Hours)
– Types of Bald Caps Used for Application
– How to Create a Latex Bald Cap
– How to Create a Plastic Bald Cap
– How To Apply a Professional Plastic Bald Cap
3. Tattoo Covers & Digital Tattoo Design (2 Hours)
– Types of Tattoo Cover Products
– How To Cover Tattoos Professionally
– How To Create a Digital Tattoo & Tattoo Transfer
– How To Apply a Realistic Digital Tattoo Transfer
– How To Touch Up & Remove a Digital Tattoo Transfer
DAY 3 (10AM-6PM)
1. Foam Latex Prosthetics (8 Hours)
In this section of the workshop, students will learn about professional sculpting and finishing techniques used to create a custom designed character prosthetic over a male/female provided human face life-cast. Students will be taken through how to properly mix, cast, and cure prosthetics in foam-latex, how to pre-paint a foam latex prosthetic and apply a plastic Glatzen style baldcap with seamless blending edges to a live model, how to apply the pre-painted foam latex face prosthetic to a live actor, and how to properly and safely remove the prosthetic. Students will also be taught how to professionally finish their piece with advanced painting and airbrushing techniques!
– Sculpture Design Techniques & Proper Tool Use
– Plaster Mold Making: Mixing & Curing
– Foam Latex Prosthetic Fabrication
– Prosthetic & Make-Up FX Application
– Make-Up FX Removal & Safety